Safety slick joint
The safety slick joint provides a simple, cost effective solution to protect offshore facilities against the failure of the landing string in a tension.
Designed to permit the workstring to strip through the pipe rams in the event of a compensator lock up event, the safety slick joint protects personnel and facilities by preventing catastrophic failure during operations such as well testing.
Safety slick joint features:
- Fluted hanger keyed into slots
- Nut has up and down movement
- Desired space out can easily be achieved
- Tester valve shuts automatically
- Up to 3m of movement
- Avoids an over tension catastrophic failure