James Fisher’s safety bails are an innovative, controllable failure system, designed to improve the safety of drill ships and semi submersibles during completion and work over (C/WOR) operations.
The system reduces the risk of damage to expensive equipment by providing a controlled failure mechanism at a predetermined load. This increases safety of drilling installation operatives and reduces the risk of environmental contamination.
- Bail arms – designed with a shear pin to form a known weak link if a lock up occurs
- Reduces risk of potential damage to life, the environment and expensive equipment
- Designed top side for ease of visibility and resetting
- Does not separate if shear pin is broken
- Can be easily reset if activated
- Used extensively in the North Sea
For further information please download the safety bails leaflet.