Towing load monitoring
James Fisher’s towing load monitoring system is designed to give towing vessel masters a direct reading of tension in a towing hawser during operations.
The system consists of load cells or a load measuring pin fitted to the towing hook, quick release mooring hook or winch. An alarm warning unit can also be set with overload thresholds to suit the gauge of rope or wire being used during operations.
Three typical towing load monitoring configurations:
- A single channel system
- For double drum winches
- For marine towing winches
Benefits of towing load monitoring:
- Increases operational safety
- Allows vessels to be towed safely under severe working conditions
- Gives vessel masters a direct reading of tension in the towing hawser
- Enables the towing line to be released under full safe working load