Crane overload monitoring
James Fisher’s crane weighing and overload systems have been specifically designed to meet the requirements of the crane and lifting industries.
We offer a range of solutions, including fatigue damage and dynamic testing to detect signs of damage and deterioration. We also specialise in the supply of a single load shackle to an intrinsically safe system and have supplied solutions to large industrial, ship-to-shore, furnace and nuclear cranes.
Each weighing system has a load cell to sense the load/weight to display the load and give any outputs that may be required. Outputs can be displayed on hand-held, large public, telemetry or in-cab displays. If crane overload protection is incorporated into the crane weighing system, then trip relays that stop the lift or set off alarms are also provided.
Benefits of Strainstall's crane weighing systems:
- Can be retrofitted or installed from new
- Optional telemetry link to hand-held display
- A simple alternative to a platform weigher
- Protects crane against overload
- No reduced height of lift
- Suitable for use in harsh environments
- Commissioning service available