Fendercare designs and supplies elastomer mooring buoys for the French Navy
In November 2009, Fendercare Marine designed and supplied the Marine Nationale (French Navy) with elastomer mooring buoys to replace their existing stock.
The French Navy had a fleet of extremely fatigued steel mooring buoys, some beyond repair and the rest requiring
significant and expensive maintenance.
- 10pcs 12T padeye foam elastomer mooring buoys, cylindrical in shape
- Manufactured from a core of closed cell polythene foam (density 35kg/cu.m.), encapsulated with an orange polythene elastomer, 15mm thick.
- Supplied complete with non-slip deck on top surface and handrails for safer access
- Design and supply of self-fendering, low maintenance mooring
- Buoys made of modern elastomeric materials
More Case Studies
- Read article
James Fisher increases offshore wind asset operations and maintenance (O&M) portfolioRead article
JFD hosts a dive tank test and demonstrationRead article
JFD tests a submarine hull at their National Hyperbaric CentreRead article
Turnkey operations and maintenance at Greater GabbardRead article
James Fisher Renouvelables conducts UXO identification at RTE’s Saint-Nazaire Offshore Wind FarmRead article
JFD conduct two remote audits for Heerema MarineRead article
James Fisher Renouvelables selected by RTE to identify unexploded ordnance (UXO)Read article