- PR archive
- JFMS secures integrated marine contract for East Anglia ONE wind farm
- Half year results 2017
- JFD awarded significant contract with UK MOD Salvage and Marine Operations
- Trading update and AGM statement
- James Fisher releases its Annual Report for 2016
- James Fisher acquires wind turbine specialists Rotos 360
- New inspection tool from JF Nuclear for EDF Energy
- James Fisher announces its preliminary results for 2016
- JFD and Wuhu JV secures first saturation diving contract
- JFD secures multi-million pound saturation diving system contract
- Implementing innovative ROV methodology for Shell UK
- Exclusive agreement signed with Oil and Management and Services GmbH
- James Fisher's half year results 2016
- James Fisher acquires Hughes Sub Surface Engineering Ltd
- James Fisher acquires Lexmar
- Mojo recognised for expertise in complex tidal turbine retrieval project
- Strainstall supplies advanced mooring solutions to the deepwater oil and gas terminal at Pengerang
- JFN beats the competition to win Fukushima support contract
- James Fisher completes acquisition of innovative visual information businesses
- Magnox engages JFN's core capabilities at Winfrith
- Strainstall secures major CWS order from DP World Southampton
- James Fisher signs £193m submarine rescue service contract with Indian Navy
- Preliminary results for 2015
- James Fisher awarded Galloper Offshore Services Contract for 336MW wind farm
- JFD launches new rebreather system to safeguard divers
- Fisher Offshore partners with Aquatic to deliver an integrated solution for offshore operators
- JFD wins significant lifeboat contract with Flash Tekk Engineering
- Strainstall provides insights on how to tackle container weight verification
- Fendercare Marine wins certificate of excellence for STS
- Strainstall's BridgeWatch supports reopening of Forth Road Crossing
- DeltaStream Installation
- James Fisher commended for successful cable deployment at Meygen
- Launch of James Fisher Subsea Excavation, the leading subsea excavation specialist worldwide
- Strainstall designs and delivers a load measurement solution at Port of Dampier
- Strainstall wins significant offshore monitoring contract with Bluewater Energy Services
- Osiris strengthens its diving capability with new Bauer Enriched Air Nitrox system
- Strainstall successfully selected to deliver large capacity load cells to China
- James Fisher acquires assets and intellectual property from X-Subsea
- Scotload introduces SmartLoad 2Ex, for zone 2 applications
- James Fisher awarded OFTO agreement with Balfour Beatty
- James Fisher completes acquisition of Mojo Maritime Ltd
- James Fisher makes further investment in subsea assets
- Strainstall completes world’s first successful Intelligent Fender System (IFS)™ offshore trial at Greater Gabbard
- Osiris delivers key ROV and cable pull-in solution on Humber Gateway
- Strainstall supports Marine Power Systems' (MPS) WaveSub™
- Acquisition of Subtech Group Holdings (PTY) LTD
- 2014 Preliminary results
- Maria McCaffery officially names James Fisher's vessel 'Dart Fisher'
- Fendercare Marine sign contract with BAE Systems
- Sensors installed on innovative new offshore wind turbine
- Acquisition of National Hyperbaric Centre
- Fendercare Marine provide support to offshore installation in Liverpool Bay
- James Fisher Nuclear wins a hat trick of NDA Supply Chain Awards
- JFD awarded long-term submarine escape and rescue contract by Australian Department of Defence
- BridgeWatch Modular makes critical structure monitoring affordable to all asset managers
- Fendercare Marine praised for fendering support during NATO summit
- Installation of the world’s largest commercial tidal energy array to commence
- Fisher Offshore builds for the future with key appointment
- Launch of a dedicated offshore base in Grimsby
- James Fisher and KDM Marine launch a dedicated Mass Flow Excavation business
- Acquisition of Testconsult Limited
- Strainstall supplies Vessel Motion Monitoring System™ to the Carbon Trust
- James Fisher Marine Services partners with Mammoet Salvage
- James Fisher Marine Services completes two charters at Round Three sites
- James Fisher Renewables trial innovative Ship-to-Turbine™ oil change system
- James Fisher Marine Services invest in Supacat's Multi-purpose vessel
- Osiris completes world’s first commercial Nitrox diver training course
- Condition monitoring software selected for Ramform Titan
- James Fisher and Sons acquires Defence Consulting Europe
- Osiris Marine Services joins IMCA
- Fisher's expansion continues
- Design assistance for Kawasaki Heavy Industries tidal turbine
- Acquisition of Subsea Vision Limited
- James Fisher Renewables launches innovative Ship-to-Turbine™ oil change system
- James Fisher set for Renewable UK 2013 showcase
- Shipping container weight verification: Strainstall provides key technology insights
- Strainstall's Offshore Wind Management System (OWMS)™ - view the video
- Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue
- Strainstall’s new Offshore wind farm Vessel Management System completes North Sea trials
- RMSpumptools launches advanced subsea connectors for marine renewable energy
- Strainstall wins contract to provide structural health monitoring to new Forth Replacement Crossing
- James Fisher Nuclear awarded contract to support the world's deepest nuclear clean-up project at Dounreay
- ScanTech Offshore's innovative PyroSentry™ wins IADC safety award
- ScanTech Offshore shortlisted for safety award for innovative PyroSentry™ product
- Strainstall provides advanced tension monitoring solution for pipe-laying vessel
- Strainstall undertakes transfer vessel motion monitoring trial at UK offshore wind farm
- James Fisher Nuclear is proud to support Sellafield in its Magnox storage pond operations
- James Fisher provides load measurement solution for stream generator installation
- New product addresses key safety issue for oil & gas drilling
- Strainstall Marine provides crucial monitoring technology for new wave energy convertor
- James Fisher launches two new innovative products
- Peer recognition operational excellence
22 December 2014
Significant contract to provide diving services, personnel and equipment for Liverpool Bay Development.
Fendercare Marine Diving Services (FMDS) has been contracted to provide significant diving services and equipment for an offshore installation in Liverpool Bay.
The Liverpool Bay Development comprises four oil and gas fields, together with significant offshore and onshore facilities used for extracting, transporting and processing these reserves.
Fendercare Marine Diving Services mobilised the DPII Diving Support Vessel 'Seabed Worker', complete with a full air diving and nitrox surface demand diving spread, two work class ROV's, a complete pipeline hydrographic survey facility and the James Fisher Hydro-Digger (mass flow excavator) for survey and remedial works to the assets located offshore in Liverpool Bay. The work scopes included the hydrographic surveys and mooring integrity surveys.
Offshore operations at Liverpool Bay are focussed on the Douglas complex - a facility that monitors and controls the development's three unmanned satellite platforms at Lennox, Hamilton and Hamilton North, with oil and gas from all four fields being received at Douglas. The Lennox and Douglas fields produce oil which is sent through a pipeline, to the offshore storage installation before being loaded into tankers for export worldwide. Hamilton, Hamilton North and Lennox produce the gas which is part-processed on Douglas before it is sent via pipeline to the Point of Ayr gas terminal on the North Wales coast.
As part of the work conducted by FMDS, pipelines routes were surveyed and a full condition report submitted on completion. The survey team also identified the locations of the three joining links attaching the mooring chains to the anchor wires on three moorings between the CALRAM and its anchor buried in three meters of seabed. These links were excavated by the James Fisher hydro-digger, raised by ROV and NDT inspected.
Preselected areas of nine mooring chains were also cleaned and inspected between the surface and seabed by ROV's and divers. Remedial works and maintenance procedures were also completed on the Pipe Line End Manifold (PLEM) and the main safety chain in preparation for change out later in the year.
All diving and marine operations were carried out in compliance with the Offshore Approved Codes of Practice (ACOP) as defined within the HSE Diving at Work Regulations 1997 and IMCA recommendations.
Established in 2010, FMDS provide a complete range of diving services, equipment and ROVs, to install, inspect, maintain and remove underwater structure of all types and has full membership accreditation from the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA). They have built up extensive experience of supporting shipping companies, offshore operators, onshore facilities and other businesses or authorities requiring underwater work to be carried out.
This is not the first time that FMDS has provided support to the Liverpool Bay Development. They have also been contracted to provide the diving facility together with associated operational procedures and risk assessments for the change out of the 24 tons of safety mooring chain with a Salentic line. For this operation FMDS were asked to operate utilising their platform based air diving spread deployed to the offshore installation.
The work scopes included procedures for the cleaning and inspection of the main securing pad eye attached to the buoy, located in the splash zone 2m below the surface. The pad eye attachment welds and first three chain links were cleaned to enable inspection divers, utilising underwater magnetic particle inspection (MPI) equipment, to inspect the pad eye attachment welds and links. On confirmation of the pad eye integrity and fitness for purpose, the chain was rigged for removal and secured at both ends prior to being cut free from under the buoy and recovered, and a replacement Salentic line was rigged and installed.
FMDS director, Bob MacMillan commented "We are very proud of our involvement with the Liverpool Bay Development and our work demonstrates the wide-range of services and equipment we can offer our customers. All of our diving teams are trained and experienced in a wide-range of techniques and procedures and safety is paramount in everything we do."