- Return To Scene delivers first Caribbean project for BP Trinidad & Tobago
- James Fisher releases its Summer 2017 Pelican newsletter
- JFMS cements its reputation as market leader
- Strainstall supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- JFMS provides wpd Offshore Solutions GmbH with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFD prepares for final SPHL testing with Vanguard
- James Fisher engineering and technology open day
- JFD pressure tests artist's sculptures for an exhibition
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area wireless load monitoring products
- Strainstall achieves EU-type approval for its container weighing system
- JF Mimic installs system on new cruise vessel Harmony of the Seas
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFD's HeliCom system used in world-first space to subsea call
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture 2016
- James Fisher delivers world-first with oil exchange in Belgian waters for Senvion
- James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
- James Fisher Marine Services wins big at the EEEGR awards
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- Mojo Maritime launches Mermaid
- Strainstall wins the EEEGR Innovative Award 2015
- Fendercare Marine demonstrates commitment to CSR
06 July 2017
James Fisher Marine Services provides wpd Offshore Solutions GmbH with Mermaid®
wpd to use Mermaid® to help plan its offshore operations and to understand and reduce weather risk
James Fisher Marine Services (JFMS), part of James Fisher and Sons plc, are pleased to announce that WPD Offshore Solutions GmbH have become the latest European wind farm operator to take Mermaid as its tool for assessing the weather risk on its construction and O&M activities. wpd join the likes of Vattenfall, RWE and Jan De Nul as a user of one of the most sophisticated marine operation planning tools available.
Florian Ladage, Tendering Manager Offshore Projects states “Before committing to Mermaid we went through a comprehensive selection process and looked at the options available. Mermaid impressed with its ability to model complex operations yet it is easy to use.”
“We were also impressed with the technical support and metocean expertise available from the JFMS Mermaid team” Ladage added.
Mermaid® provides increased understanding of the impact of weather and tidal forces on a project’s schedule to companies involved in marine operations. By accurately simulating marine operations against historical weather and tidal data, Mermaid® enables enhanced decision-making in the early planning stages to support significant cost-savings through project optimisation.
The system is developed in ongoing consultation with leading companies and new features and functionality are added regularly.
“We’re delighted that wpd have signed up and joined our increasing Mermaid user base. We work hard to not only introduce new clients to Mermaid, but to make sure that existing clients are supported and have a positive experience.
I am very much looking forward to working closely with the team at wpd and getting them up and running with Mermaid and getting critical weather intelligence to help them in their planning.” Adam Leonard-Williams, Marine Operations Consultant with JFMS.
For more information about how Mermaidcan help your marine operations click here.