- JFD completes build of first two SPHLs as part of new safety-advanced range
- New powerboat world record set by Strainstall's offshore systems engineer
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification
- JFD demonstrates NATO Submarine Rescue System capabilities
- JFMS recognised for local content commitment with EEEGR award
- Return To Scene delivers first Caribbean project for BP Trinidad & Tobago
- James Fisher releases its Summer 2017 Pelican newsletter
- JFMS cements its reputation as market leader
- Strainstall supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- JFMS provides wpd Offshore Solutions GmbH with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFD prepares for final SPHL testing with Vanguard
- James Fisher engineering and technology open day
- JFD pressure tests artist's sculptures for an exhibition
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area wireless load monitoring products
- Strainstall achieves EU-type approval for its container weighing system
- JF Mimic installs system on new cruise vessel Harmony of the Seas
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFD's HeliCom system used in world-first space to subsea call
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture 2016
- James Fisher delivers world-first with oil exchange in Belgian waters for Senvion
- James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
- James Fisher Marine Services wins big at the EEEGR awards
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- Mojo Maritime launches Mermaid
- Strainstall wins the EEEGR Innovative Award 2015
- Fendercare Marine demonstrates commitment to CSR
24 April 2017
Strainstall's container weighing system successfully achieves EU-type approval
Strainstall in world-first with EU-type approval for load pin based container weighing system.
Strainstall, the leading provider of container weighing systems and part of James Fisher and Sons plc, has successfully achieved full Automatic Weighing Instruments EU-type approval from the National Measurements and Regulatory Office (NMRO) for its innovative Container Weight System (CWS)™.
Strainstall's CWS™ EU-type approval enables complete compliance to the International Maritime Organization's (IMO) Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) amendment for the verification of container weights, which came into force 1 July 2016. This is a critical milestone in the product's development as CWS™ is now fully approved to provide the verified gross mass (VGM) of containers, assisting ports and terminals in the provision of container weighing services to their customers.
Strainstall's CWS™ solution was specifically developed to meet the SOLAS container weight verification regulations and has been successfully installed at a number of international container terminals, including DP World Southampton's full straddle carrier fleet, where the system has demonstrated its high accuracy in excess of industry expectations.
Simon Everett, managing director at Strainstall explains:
"The NMRO approval process certifies full compliance to the IMO's SOLAS amendment for the verification of container weights, and I'm delighted that CWS now has EU-type approval."
CWS™ offers customers a fully compliant and robust solution. It's designed to be easily integrated into terminal operating systems (TOS) giving a simple and automated process for producing a verified gross mass for SOLAS compliance, with no impact to existing terminal operating procedures.
"The industry is still experiencing some issues with implementation and enforcement, so this certification will help to give customers complete confidence in compliance and their ability to provide verified weights as legislated by the IMO, using our innovative and fully integrated container weighing solution."
CWS™ also doesn't just provide the verified gross mass of a container, but also container snag detection and its centre of gravity (COG), helping to ensuring the safety of container stowage and transportation.
For more information, please visit the Strainstall website: http://www.strainstall.com/systems/container-weighing/