- New powerboat world record set by Strainstall's offshore systems engineer
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification
- JFD demonstrates NATO Submarine Rescue System capabilities
- JFMS recognised for local content commitment with EEEGR award
- Return To Scene delivers first Caribbean project for BP Trinidad & Tobago
- James Fisher releases its Summer 2017 Pelican newsletter
- JFMS cements its reputation as market leader
- Strainstall supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- JFMS provides wpd Offshore Solutions GmbH with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFD prepares for final SPHL testing with Vanguard
- James Fisher engineering and technology open day
- JFD pressure tests artist's sculptures for an exhibition
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area wireless load monitoring products
- Strainstall achieves EU-type approval for its container weighing system
- JF Mimic installs system on new cruise vessel Harmony of the Seas
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFD's HeliCom system used in world-first space to subsea call
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture 2016
- James Fisher delivers world-first with oil exchange in Belgian waters for Senvion
- James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
- James Fisher Marine Services wins big at the EEEGR awards
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- Mojo Maritime launches Mermaid
- Strainstall wins the EEEGR Innovative Award 2015
- Fendercare Marine demonstrates commitment to CSR
01 November 2017
Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification.
Scotload's award-winning SmartLoad® wireless zone 1 hazardous area products are now U.S. and Canadian certified, along with ATEX and IECEx, providing total assurance.
In quick succession, Scotload, part of James Fisher and Sons plc, has received U.S. and Canadian hazardous area certification for its SmartLoad 1Ex® wireless monitoring products, after the recent ATEX and IECEx approvals. This makes Scotload the only company with load monitoring products certified to international, European and U.S. and Canadian standards, providing total assurance to its customers.
Scotload is committed to improving the safety of operations in hazardous areas and the U.S. and Canadian certification will enable it to support its North American customers, and create further opportunities for its innovative and award-winning SmartLoad® wireless technology, which will benefit companies across a range of safety critical industries.
The newly U.S. and Canadian, as well as ATEX and IECEx, certified zone 1 hazardous area products include the SmartLoad® handset and wireless transmitter which have been approved for use with Scotload’s load cells, load pins,load links, load shackles and line tension monitors.
Simon Everett, managing director of Scotload says:
“We’re delighted to announce the further progression of our SmartLoad wireless product range. The U.S. and Canadian certification now means Scotload will be the only company to have gained certification for all four key types of hazardous area legislation for its load monitoring products and fits with our mission to help increase safety and efficiency for our customers operating in a number of critical work areas.”
Adrian Coventry, engineering director at Scotload, explains the development of SmartLoad®:
“Since its launch, the SmartLoad wireless load monitoring product range has been revolutionary in the international lifting industry. We strive to work to the highest international standards and the U.S. and Canadian, along with the recent ATEX and IECEx, certification is testament to the continual product development and hard work of the engineering team in creating solutions that meet our customers’ needs.”
The certification includes standard Duracell batteries, meaning users are able to change batteries directly within zone 1 and 2 hazardous environments, significantly increasing usability and driving operational efficiency. Scotload is the first company to ever provide this functionality for customers operating in hazardous environments.
SmartLoad® comes with numerous hazardous area display options, including the ergonomically designed SmartLoad®certified handset featuring an intuitive menu driven display with individual load cell naming facility. Requiring only one handset to connect to any sensor, these simple plug and play products automatically detect all cells in range with a live simultaneous display of multiple cell data.
Working in partnership with sister company Strainstall, Scotload delivers improved operational safety to an array of complex load monitoring environments with its globally approved hazardous area product range.