- New powerboat world record set by Strainstall's offshore systems engineer
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification
- JFD demonstrates NATO Submarine Rescue System capabilities
- JFMS recognised for local content commitment with EEEGR award
- Return To Scene delivers first Caribbean project for BP Trinidad & Tobago
- James Fisher releases its Summer 2017 Pelican newsletter
- JFMS cements its reputation as market leader
- Strainstall supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- JFMS provides wpd Offshore Solutions GmbH with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFD prepares for final SPHL testing with Vanguard
- James Fisher engineering and technology open day
- JFD pressure tests artist's sculptures for an exhibition
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area wireless load monitoring products
- Strainstall achieves EU-type approval for its container weighing system
- JF Mimic installs system on new cruise vessel Harmony of the Seas
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFD's HeliCom system used in world-first space to subsea call
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture 2016
- James Fisher delivers world-first with oil exchange in Belgian waters for Senvion
- James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
- James Fisher Marine Services wins big at the EEEGR awards
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- Mojo Maritime launches Mermaid
- Strainstall wins the EEEGR Innovative Award 2015
- Fendercare Marine demonstrates commitment to CSR
12 September 2016
Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array.
JFMS signs a significant 5 year preferred O&M supplier agreement with Atlantis for the provision of integrated marine and subsea services.
James Fisher Marine Services (JFMS), the industry leader in marine energy installation projects and part of James Fisher and Sons plc, has been granted preferred supplier status for a 5-year period in connection with the operations and maintenance (O&M) of the MeyGen Phase 1A tidal turbines.
Three turbines have been supplied by Andritz Hydro Hammerfest, and the fourth by Atlantis – each with a rated power of 1.5 MW. Three of the turbines are being installed and connected later this year by JFMS.
Additionally, MeyGen has agreed, subject to terms, to secure the services of JFMS’s HF4 tidal energy vessel, specifically developed for the challenging working conditions in the tidal environment significantly increasing operational windows and reducing project costs, to underpin delivery of the preferred O&M supplier scope.
David Taaffe, project director at MeyGen commented:
“James Fisher has been involved with us in the development of this significant tidal energy project since the start and was the obvious partner for MeyGen’s O&M services. The expertise JFMS has demonstrated in challenging marine and subsea operations gives us complete confidence in the ongoing success of this exciting project."
The HF4 vessel has been designed to dynamically position and maintain station in currents up to 10 knots, such as those encountered at the MeyGen site. Equipped with a 250T A-Frame, the HF4 will be able to undertake all of the Phase 1A offshore O&M tasks, as well as providing construction capability for the broader tidal sector. The use of the HF4 vessel for O&M will contribute to reductions in the operational expenditure of the project as it is more cost effective than non-specialised construction vessels.
Richard Parkinson, marine operations director at JFMS explained:
“We’re enormously heartened with this agreement which recognises our unique track record in the tidal industry, and delighted that James Fisher Marine Services will be at the forefront supporting Atlantis in the world’s first commercial tidal array.”