- New powerboat world record set by Strainstall's offshore systems engineer
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification
- JFD demonstrates NATO Submarine Rescue System capabilities
- JFMS recognised for local content commitment with EEEGR award
- Return To Scene delivers first Caribbean project for BP Trinidad & Tobago
- James Fisher releases its Summer 2017 Pelican newsletter
- JFMS cements its reputation as market leader
- Strainstall supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- JFMS provides wpd Offshore Solutions GmbH with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFD prepares for final SPHL testing with Vanguard
- James Fisher engineering and technology open day
- JFD pressure tests artist's sculptures for an exhibition
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area wireless load monitoring products
- Strainstall achieves EU-type approval for its container weighing system
- JF Mimic installs system on new cruise vessel Harmony of the Seas
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFD's HeliCom system used in world-first space to subsea call
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture 2016
- James Fisher delivers world-first with oil exchange in Belgian waters for Senvion
- James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
- James Fisher Marine Services wins big at the EEEGR awards
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- Mojo Maritime launches Mermaid
- Strainstall wins the EEEGR Innovative Award 2015
- Fendercare Marine demonstrates commitment to CSR
15 November 2017
New powerboat world record set by Strainstall's offshore systems engineer
Frank Rose sets new world record at the 47th Coniston powerboat records week.
Strainstall celebrates the success of its offshore systems engineer, Frank Rose who set a new world record for a single inboard immersed propeller monohull during the recent powerboat record week (30 October - 3 November) held at Coniston Water in the UK's Lake District National Park.
Frank, who was responsible for throttling the 32ft boat (Vintage Torque), surpassed the previous record of 102.97mph by completing the kilometre plus course with a record speed of 106.80 mph; an achievement he puts down to thorough prior preparation and sponsor support:
"We have been preparing the boat since the end of last season's racing and this has been the culmination of 5 years work. I am extremely honoured to have been invited into the K7 club and awarded a gold star for breaking 100mph. I would like to thank all my sponsors including Strainstall for making this happen and to all those involved in the Coniston records week."
Continuing the legacy of almost 100 years of English lake powerboat record attempts, Frank's achievement is reflective of the emphasis Strainstall as a company places on innovation and boundary pushing.
To find out more about the records week which has attracted competitors and officials from all over the UK since 1970 visit the records week website.