- JFD demonstrates NATO Submarine Rescue System capabilities
- JFMS recognised for local content commitment with EEEGR award
- Return To Scene delivers first Caribbean project for BP Trinidad & Tobago
- James Fisher releases its Summer 2017 Pelican newsletter
- JFMS cements its reputation as market leader
- Strainstall supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- JFMS provides wpd Offshore Solutions GmbH with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFD prepares for final SPHL testing with Vanguard
- James Fisher engineering and technology open day
- JFD pressure tests artist's sculptures for an exhibition
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area wireless load monitoring products
- Strainstall achieves EU-type approval for its container weighing system
- JF Mimic installs system on new cruise vessel Harmony of the Seas
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFD's HeliCom system used in world-first space to subsea call
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture 2016
- James Fisher delivers world-first with oil exchange in Belgian waters for Senvion
- James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
- James Fisher Marine Services wins big at the EEEGR awards
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- Mojo Maritime launches Mermaid
- Strainstall wins the EEEGR Innovative Award 2015
- Fendercare Marine demonstrates commitment to CSR
24 May 2017
Launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products
James Fisher group company, Scotload, helps to deliver improved operational safety with the launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® wireless load monitoring products.
Scotload, is pleased to announce the launch of the newly certified SmartLoad 1Ex® wireless product range. Incorporating the innovative and award-winning SmartLoad® wireless technology, the newly extended suite of hazardous area products features advanced functionality which benefits clients across a range of safety critical industries.
The newly ATEX and IECEx certified zone 1 products include the SmartLoad® handset and wireless transmitter, which have been approved for use with Scotload's load cells, load pins load links, load shackles and line tension monitors.
The ATEX and IECEx certification also includes three standard battery sizes, meaning users are able to change batteries directly within zone 1 and 2 hazardous environments, significantly increasing usability and driving operational efficiency. Scotload is the first company to ever provide this functionality for customers operating in hazardous environments.
Describing the benefits of SmartLoad®, Simon Everett, managing director at Scotload says:
"The exciting addition of SmartLoad 1Ex to our already extensive portfolio of hazardous area products enables us to increase safety and efficiency for our customers operating in a number of critical work areas. By eliminating cables from critical work areas, we can help to reduce the maintenance costs associated with cable damage and improve the overall operational safety."
SmartLoad® includes numerous hazardous area display options including the ergonomically designed SmartLoad® handset featuring an intuitive menu driven display with individual load cell naming facility. Requiring only one handset to connect to any sensor, these simple plug and play products automatically detect all cells in range with a live simultaneous display of multiple cell data.
Adrian Coventry, engineering director at Scotload, explains the unique functionality of SmartLoad®:
"We have designed the hazardous area Smartload to combine the latest wireless technology with ease of use and is fully compatible with existing equipment so it can be easily retrofitted, removing the need for expensive system upgrades. Being able to replace standard batteries in the hazardous area also ensures uninterrupted operation."
Working in partnership with sister company Strainstall, Scotload delivers improved operational safety to an array of complex load monitoring environments with its globally approved hazardous area product range.
"Our entire product range is fully compatible with ATEX and IECEx certifications for zone 1 and 2 classifications, with the North American certification pending. Once achieved, Scotload will be the only company to have gained certification for all three types of hazardous area legislation for its load monitoring products."