- JFMS cements its reputation as market leader
- Strainstall supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- JFMS provides wpd Offshore Solutions GmbH with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFD prepares for final SPHL testing with Vanguard
- James Fisher engineering and technology open day
- JFD pressure tests artist's sculptures for an exhibition
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area wireless load monitoring products
- Strainstall achieves EU-type approval for its container weighing system
- JF Mimic installs system on new cruise vessel Harmony of the Seas
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFD's HeliCom system used in world-first space to subsea call
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture 2016
- James Fisher delivers world-first with oil exchange in Belgian waters for Senvion
- James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
- James Fisher Marine Services wins big at the EEEGR awards
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- Mojo Maritime launches Mermaid
- Strainstall wins the EEEGR Innovative Award 2015
- Fendercare Marine demonstrates commitment to CSR
24 July 2017
JFMS cements its reputation as market leader with latest MeyGen tidal turbine installation
James Fisher Marine Services continues to set the standard for tidal turbine installation with its latest redeployment of two Andritz turbines at MeyGen 1A tidal array in Scotland’s Pentland Firth.
The reinstallation was completed successfully, with the offshore works for both turbine installations and connection to the grid carried out to schedule. The turbines have both since resumed operation generating tidal power to the grid.
JFMS, which achieved preferred O&M supplier status with MeyGen in 2016 for a period of 5 years, deployed the initial Andritz turbines last November and was on hand to recover them earlier this year to enable system enhancements. This installation follows other successful operations completed for leading engineering companies Sabella, Voith and MCT, which has helped ensure JFMS’ position as the leader in this field.
David Taaffe, director of project delivery at Atlantis said of the reinstallation:
“JFMS has been on hand throughout the entirety of the MeyGen tidal energy project providing vital expertise and advice during the installation of the offshore cables and turbines.
We are delighted to see another offshore construction campaign at MeyGen successfully completed and this is a credit to the expertise and professionalism of the MeyGen project team, JFMS and all the contractors involved in the load out, reinstallation and reconnection of the two Andritz turbines”
Andreas Hibler, offshore project manager at JFMS, added:
“The successful redeployment of the Andritz turbines at the MeyGen array was completed quickly and efficiently thanks to our experienced team.
“We are looking forward to continuing our working relationship with MeyGen and seeing all four tidal turbines resume operation in the very near future”.
JFMS mobilised a full cable spread on the vessel Olympic Ares and is due to install the third tidal turbine later on this year.