09 July 2018
James Fisher supports the inaugural Maritime Safety Week
James Fisher is pleased to offer its support to the inaugural Maritime Safety Week, 9 – 13 July.
The Maritime Safety Week, launched by the Maritime Minister, Nusrat Ghani MP, aims to provide a focal point where personnel will be able to share knowledge, experience and best practice, and to increase understanding of what the sector is doing to respond to the safety challenges that those at sea face every day.
The initiative provides the opportunity to celebrate the UK's close relationship with the maritime sector and will encompass a wide range of inclusive events, aimed at everyone from professional and recreational mariners, the wider coastal community and all who enjoy our coastlines around the UK.
James Fisher has a long history in the maritime industry dating back over 170 years employing thousands of people in the maritime industry all over the world and is proud of its outstanding safety record. The company understands the challenges that its people face at sea, and is pleased to see the launch of this initiative, to raise awareness and celebrate the contributions and the successes of mariners across the UK.
You can find out more information about the initiative here: https://www.ukchamberofshipping.com/library/maritime-safety-week-9-13-july/
James Fisher's safety focused news
Here's are a selection of safety-focused stories from the James Fisher group:
- Step change in diver safety as JFD's COBRA completes first dive in the North sea
- JFMS recognised for specialist subsea UXO clearance campaign at Hinkley Point C
- JFD delivers Australia's safest ever submarine rescue system
- Peer recognition for operational excellence for James Fisher Shipping Services
- Milford Fisher sets record for safety
- The ultimate safety accolade
- Galway Fisher wins award for safety