- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area wireless load monitoring products
- Strainstall achieves EU-type approval for its container weighing system
- JF Mimic installs system on new cruise vessel Harmony of the Seas
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
- James Fisher Marine Services celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFD's HeliCom system used in world-first space to subsea call
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture 2016
- James Fisher delivers world-first with oil exchange in Belgian waters for Senvion
- James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
- James Fisher Marine Services wins big at the EEEGR awards
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- Mojo Maritime launches Mermaid
- Strainstall wins the EEEGR Innovative Award 2015
21 November 2016
James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
James Fisher helps keep Rampion Offshore Wind Farm safe.
James Fisher Marine Services (JFMS), part of James Fisher and Sons plc, has been awarded a guard vessel contract for the Rampion Offshore Wind Farm. The contract will run for 18 months during construction of the 400MW wind farm.
With a threat to offshore wind farms being the unguarded wanderings of private and commercial vessels around the site. JFMS will provide a guard vessel to help ensure the safe construction of the wind farm is not inhibited.
To enable real-time support throughout the 18 month operation, the vessel operations will be project managed from JFMS's dedicated office, which recently opened in Newhaven. Crucial for providing on-site project management and a single point of contact to the client, the office offers UK wide live support to both offshore teams already on site and onshore teams preparing for mobilisation. This integrated approach not only ensures all teams are updated with live construction developments; it removes the need to have multiple contractors working on different projects, reducing both cost and confusion.
The guard vessel will bolster the range of services JFMS already delivers to the wind farm, including the installation of two bespoke fabricated pontoons for use dockside. The 120m pontoons, designed in-house, enable the safe and speedy transfer of personnel from shore to ship.
Martin Sisley, managing director of the renewables division in JFMS, said of the project;
'This contract shows the breadth of services we are able to offer and the scale of the project we are able to assist with, whilst providing efficiently managed, industry leading marine services. From guard vessels to pontoons and project management, we can use our integrated approach and adapt to any marine operation, providing value to clients via a one stop shop approach.
We are delighted to have furthered our involvement at Rampion and are looking forward to our future projects in the area,'