- New powerboat world record set by Strainstall's offshore systems engineer
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification
- JFD demonstrates NATO Submarine Rescue System capabilities
- JFMS recognised for local content commitment with EEEGR award
- Return To Scene delivers first Caribbean project for BP Trinidad & Tobago
- James Fisher releases its Summer 2017 Pelican newsletter
- JFMS cements its reputation as market leader
- Strainstall supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- JFMS provides wpd Offshore Solutions GmbH with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFD prepares for final SPHL testing with Vanguard
- James Fisher engineering and technology open day
- JFD pressure tests artist's sculptures for an exhibition
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area wireless load monitoring products
- Strainstall achieves EU-type approval for its container weighing system
- JF Mimic installs system on new cruise vessel Harmony of the Seas
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFD's HeliCom system used in world-first space to subsea call
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture 2016
- James Fisher delivers world-first with oil exchange in Belgian waters for Senvion
- James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
- James Fisher Marine Services wins big at the EEEGR awards
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- Mojo Maritime launches Mermaid
- Strainstall wins the EEEGR Innovative Award 2015
- Fendercare Marine demonstrates commitment to CSR
27 February 2017
James Fisher Marine Services celebrates growth in the East of England
JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with the opening of a new office in Lowestoft, Suffolk.
On Friday 24 February, James Fisher Marine Services Ltd (JFMS) formalised its move from OrbisEnergy, to Horn Hill, Lowestoft, whilst celebrating its strong growth in the Region over the last 5 years. The packed event included many members from the local and regional supply chain, from major developers to micro businesses, representatives from academia and local councils and staff from James Fisher. Peter Aldous MP, Waveney declared the new premises open.
Martin Dronfield, commercial director at JFMS said
“Moving forward as a business JFMS, through the integrating contractor model, reflects our view of the future, and this investment demonstrates our confidence in being part of that future.”
A recent report revealed that the cost of developing offshore wind has moved from c.£150 per MWh to c.£97 per MWh – now below the UK Government and industry target, which is four years ahead of schedule. This has been largely achieved through a competitive funding framework, the increasing size of turbines, and a new contracting model fit for purpose as the industry continues to grow and delivers on an industrial scale. The cost will continue to fall with further innovation.
One of the UK's first commercial offshore wind farms, Scroby Sands, was commissioned in March 2004, just off the coast of Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. Just a few miles away and in less than 15 years, Galloper Offshore Wind Farm will become one of the UK’s largest offshore windfarms. Producing a reliable source of clean electricity, enough to power up to 336,000 homes, Galloper will have turbines four times as big as Scroby Sands.
“JFMS is proud to be part of a sustainable future delivered through collaboration, innovation and a skilled local workforce.” Dronfield concluded.