- JFD demonstrates NATO Submarine Rescue System capabilities
- JFMS recognised for local content commitment with EEEGR award
- Return To Scene delivers first Caribbean project for BP Trinidad & Tobago
- James Fisher releases its Summer 2017 Pelican newsletter
- JFMS cements its reputation as market leader
- Strainstall supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- JFMS provides wpd Offshore Solutions GmbH with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFD prepares for final SPHL testing with Vanguard
- James Fisher engineering and technology open day
- JFD pressure tests artist's sculptures for an exhibition
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area wireless load monitoring products
- Strainstall achieves EU-type approval for its container weighing system
- JF Mimic installs system on new cruise vessel Harmony of the Seas
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFD's HeliCom system used in world-first space to subsea call
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture 2016
- James Fisher delivers world-first with oil exchange in Belgian waters for Senvion
- James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
- James Fisher Marine Services wins big at the EEEGR awards
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- Mojo Maritime launches Mermaid
- Strainstall wins the EEEGR Innovative Award 2015
- Fendercare Marine demonstrates commitment to CSR
30 March 2017
James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
JFMS has purchased the operations and assets of Insight Marine Projects, a leading hydrographic survey services company based in Cornwall.
James Fisher Marine Services (JFMS) today announces the purchase of the operations and assets of Insight Marine Projects Ltd (Insight) - a specialist survey company headquartered in Cornwall.
Insight, which has a developed an excellent reputation within the surveying market for the supply of coastal, inshore and offshore services, further enhances JFMS’s extensive in-house capability. The purchase will see the addition of hydrographic/geophysical survey and construction support to JFMS’s existing offering to the renewables, oil and gas and civil engineering markets around the world.
The combination of assets and resource, alongside the recent purchase of the Cerys Line survey vessel, will doubly increase JMFS’s ability to support its customers with an enhanced, customer driven and truly integrated marine service offering.
Richard Argall, managing director of marine projects at JFMS said of the purchase:
“Our market leading marine service capabilities have been further strengthened through the purchase of Insight. Complementing our existing offering, we can now provide an even more comprehensive service to our customers globally. Insight is known for its first class subsea survey expertise and we are very happy they are joining the JFMS team.”
Alex Richards, managing director of Insight added:
“Being part of JFMS means that Insight is now able to undertake larger and more complex surveying projects for customers around the world. We are delighted to be joining the group and are looking forward to our future partnership.”
Insight Marine Projects will be rebranded during 2017 to form the subsea surveying division of marine projects at James Fisher Marine Services.