- JFD completes build of first two SPHLs as part of new safety-advanced range
- New powerboat world record set by Strainstall's offshore systems engineer
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification
- JFD demonstrates NATO Submarine Rescue System capabilities
- JFMS recognised for local content commitment with EEEGR award
- Return To Scene delivers first Caribbean project for BP Trinidad & Tobago
- James Fisher releases its Summer 2017 Pelican newsletter
- JFMS cements its reputation as market leader
- Strainstall supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- JFMS provides wpd Offshore Solutions GmbH with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFD prepares for final SPHL testing with Vanguard
- James Fisher engineering and technology open day
- JFD pressure tests artist's sculptures for an exhibition
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area wireless load monitoring products
- Strainstall achieves EU-type approval for its container weighing system
- JF Mimic installs system on new cruise vessel Harmony of the Seas
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey capability
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFD's HeliCom system used in world-first space to subsea call
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture 2016
- James Fisher delivers world-first with oil exchange in Belgian waters for Senvion
- James Fisher Rampion Security Vessel
- James Fisher Marine Services wins big at the EEEGR awards
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- Mojo Maritime launches Mermaid
- Strainstall wins the EEEGR Innovative Award 2015
- Fendercare Marine demonstrates commitment to CSR
01 August 2017
Fendercare Marine demonstrates commitment to CSR
Fendercare Marine ensures fresh drinking water for Ghanaian communities through the successful installation of boreholes.
Working in collaboration with Bayfield Oil Services, Fendercare Marine Ghana (a part of James Fisher and Sons plc) has been involved in the provision and installation of two manual boreholes in the Mpohor District of the Western Region of Ghana.
The project came about in response to concerns that the Obrayebona and Dominase communities were dependent on highly contaminated water thought to have been polluted by illicit mining in the area. Recognising the implicit health, environmental and social consequences of such pollution, Fendercare Marine resolved to help provide access to safe drinking water.
Two boreholes were therefore donated to the local farming communities and with their installation, Fendercare Marine aims to reduce the amount of time children spend away from their academic studies in pursuit of safe drinking water.
Commenting on the project, Noah Agbedor, Fendercare Marine Ghana’s general manager, stated:
“The provision of the boreholes was part of the company's ongoing corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts in the region. As part of its CSR policy, Fendercare has also promoted sporting activities in the Kentan traditional area by donating footballs to 24 schools in the last two months.”
To find out more about James Fisher's commitment to corporate social responsibility read about our CSR policy.