- MOL LNG Transport (Europe) Ltd equip its LNG fleet’s marine cranes with SmartLoad® load monitoring
- Fendercare Marine’s fenders continued success story for Forth Logistics Marine Services
- Fendercare Marine supports critical mooring operations at ABP’s Southampton terminal
- Installing BridgeStrike monitoring system for London Underground
Tension monitoring solution for pipe-laying vessel
Strainstall provided specialist ship design organisation, MAATS Tech Ltd with an advanced tension monitoring solution for pipe-laying vessels.
MAATS Tech Ltd is a specialist ship design organisation with expertise in the provision of turnkey carousel systems and associated equipment. Installed in special purpose vessels they are used for laying flexible pipe, umbilicals and power cables.
Strainstall was able to provide MAATS with a simple and non-intrusive system comprising bespoke load cells and amplifiers to provide real-time information on pipe and cable tension levels.
Readings from the load cells are sent directly to the tensioner controls, enabling the system to increase or decrease the tension as required to ensure that the correct levels are always maintained. The system is designed to be able to operate in conditions involving extreme temperatures, abrasive materials, vibration, and high moisture levels, making it ideal for use in the marine environment.
Strainstall provided MAATS Tech Ltd with a simple non-intrusive system to provide real-time information on pipe and cable tension levels.
MAATS Tech Ltd
- Provision of simple and non-intrusive system
- System comprises bespoke load cells and amplifiers to provide real-time information on pipe and cable tension levels
- System designed to operate in marine conditions - able to withstand extreme temperatures, abrasive materials, vibration, and high moisture levels
- Provides a robust solution that minimises downtime of carousel tensioners used on cable and pipe-laying vessels
- Increases reliability and productivity by allowing operators to take corrective action before any possible failure occurs