- Fendercare Marine’s fenders continued success story for Forth Logistics Marine Services
- Fendercare Marine supports critical mooring operations at ABP’s Southampton terminal
- Installing BridgeStrike monitoring system for London Underground
- Flavio terminal supplied with SOLAS compliant, CWS fitted reach stackers
Fendercare supports Wello Penguin Wave Energy Converter
In summer 2012, Fendercare Marine provided key support to the successful Wello Penguin Wave Energy Converter (WEC) installation in Orkney, Lyness.
A range of services were delivered during installation demonstrating Fendercare's ability to support pre-commercial and commercial array installation.
The Wello Penguin WEC is a unique and patented construction designed to harvest ocean energy. It is based on industry standard components, including a generator typically used by wind turbines, to allow scalable manufacturing by virtually any shipyard using existing manufacturing processes.
The Wello Penguin WEC is connected to a mooring system on the Billia Croo test site. The actual installation of the Wello Penguin WEC took only 36 hours and was conducted by a multicat vessel assisted by a harbour tug.
Wello Penguin Wave Energy Converter (WEC).
- Shoreside support from Lyness base
- Project management
- Labour support
- Final ballasting and mooring equipment supply
- Project integration - one supplier
- Delivered on-time and to budget
- Initial results confirmed efficient rotating movement of the Wello Penguin WEC in smaller waves than first anticipated
Download the Wello Penguin Wave Energy Converter case study.