- James Fisher Prolec PCX system makes the cut for VINCI
- Strainstall Malaysia obtains major cable-stayed bridge contract in the Philippines
- Strainstall monitoring system helps restore production for major FPSO
- Strainstall partners with First Subsea on world’s largest floating offshore wind farm
Hyundai StressAlert™ System order
Strainstall secures Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) StressAlert™ System order for new 18,000 TEU vessel.
Strainstall, a part of James Fisher and Sons plc, has recently secured an order to supply its StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system (HSMS) to Hyundai Heavy Industries for installation on a new 18,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU) carrier. The container carrier is owned by China Shipping Container Lines and installation of the HSMS is scheduled for October 2014.
Strainstall’s StressAlert™ HSMS monitoring technology is the result of more than 45 years at the leading edge of load measurement, strain and stress determination.
“We are delighted to have received this order from Hyundai Heavy Industries. This is testament to our years of experience and to the quality of the monitoring technology that Strainstall produces”, said Frank Rose, Strainstall systems engineer.
Strainstall to supply its hull stress monitoring system to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI). An 18,000 TEU vessel is one of the largest container carriers ever to be built.
Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
- Use of measuring techniques and specially developed load monitoring and data acquisition instruments to monitor and solve problems
- Hull structural integrity is continuously monitored and displayed.
- Advanced algorithms contained within StressAlert™ enable predictions of hull status and fatigue life deterioration to be determined
- StressAlert™ enhances vessel safety due to a reduction in high stress incidences, enabling fuel savings and facilitating effective voyage management
- The system provides instant access to the vessel's hull stress status, whether derived from dynamic wave action or induced stresses from cargo operations, allowing the ship's master to alter course and speed to reduce stress levels
Download the Hyundai StressAlert™ order case study.