- StressAlert™ to enhance Gaza FSO's safety
- Supporting PFSP decommissioning at Sellafield
- CDLSE - Clearance Divers' Life Support Equipment
- Supplying James Fisher's "Dirty Harry" contaminated water diving system
- Divex assists US Navy: Deck transfer lock for Oceaneering
- Breaking the ice: Diving equipment for evacuation vessels
- Diving saturation system for Shanghai salvage
- NATO Submarine Rescue System
- Subsea 7 saturation diving system
- Design, build, and installation of fixed saturation diving system
- Structural monitoring for the Queensferry Crossing
- Supporting the London Olympics: Inspection and measurement services
- 175 tonne CALM buoy recovery
- BP Angola Export Tanker Support Services
- Mass flow excavation: James Fisher's HydroDigger in action
- Risk removal at Magnox fuel storage pond
- James Fisher tanker answers emergency call
- Supplying connectors to the Papa Terra offshore oil field
- Structural monitoring for offshore wind turbine foundations
- Off the coast of Australia: Subsea 7 project support
- StressAlert™ hull monitoring system for Hyundai
- $25million fendering contract with the US Navy
- Equipment and monitoring for world's first FLNG
- Tension monitoring solution for pipe-laying vessel
- Vessel Motion Monitoring System (VMMS)™ on board "Eden Rose"
- Inspection diving in the Celtic Sea
- Fendercare supply Great Yarmouth port
- Supplying buoy systems off Rio de Janeiro coast
- 2006-2013: Completing over 70 STS operations globally for ExxonMobil
- Design and supply of mooring buoys for the French Navy
- Fendercare conducts LNG STS transfer in the Eastern Mediterranean
- Diving and ROV services to Walney II wind farm
- Supporting the Wello Penguin Wave Energy Converter
- Intergroup collaboration for Total
- Burj Khalifa structural health monitoring
- Strainstall’s Red Sea rig stability project
- Compression load cells for National Petroleum Company, Abu Dhabi
- Load testing of offshore pedestal mounted cranes
- Deflection, vibration, strain monitoring
- Northern Lights: shore-end installation services
- Diving support services at Scroby Sands
- Offshore wind farm support at Burbo Bank for DONG Energy
- Kentish Flats offshore wind farm: diving personnel
- Personnel supply to LINCS offshore wind farm
- East West Interconnector Project: mobilising the DP1 barge
- Dolwin 1 Alpha offshore wind farm – cable de-burial and recovery
- Providing a confined space rescue support team to the Gwynt y Môr offshore wind farm
- Harbour decontamination with Prolec system
- Marina restoration – 32,000 tonnes of sediment
- Port and lock maintenance: worldwide support
- Power station construction in Switzerland
- Freshwater banks
- German waterways
- Harbour reclamation
- Inshore dredging
- Rescue of AS28 Priz – the entangled Russian submersible
- Fixed fendering solution for ExxonMobil
- Submarine rescue capability for Singapore
- Transfer under pressure interface for Swedish Navy
- Air mobilisation of entire James Fisher Submarine Rescue Service
- Thanet offshore wind farm
- Moyle Interconnector
- Motorway construction
- Prolec adapt pcX-3D for specialised subsea application
- JFD demonstrates NATO Submarine Rescue System capabilities
- JFSE responds to SapuraKencana's subsea trenching needs
StressAlert™ to enhance Gaza FSO's safety
Real-time data from Strainstall's hull stress monitoring system allows for continuous integrity monitoring.
Strainstall announces the successful installation of its market-leading hull stress monitoring system, StressAlert™, on the recently converted Gaza floating storage and offloading unit (FSO) located in the Bouri field in the Mediterranean.
Following completion of the $424.78m vessel conversion from a super tanker, Strainstall was commissioned to design and install StressAlert™ to enable continuous monitoring of the hull's structural integrity during production activities.
Mellitah Oil and Gas, Gaza FSO's operator, required the ability to continually monitor the hull's condition under operating parameters. With StressAlert™ it can do so with real-time data acquisition and bespoke analytical capabilities. Maintaining a from-launch record of hull stress, the system enables fatigue life to be accurately determined and allows for predictive maintenance planning.
Reflecting on the installation Simon Everett, managing director of Strainstall said;
"We are very pleased with the successful installation on the Gaza FSO. With a conversion on such a large vessel there was a lot to consider during system configuration, but the team is highly experienced and the system is working well.
StressAlert™ helps operators to understand the condition of their assets and implement preventative maintenance programmes. Ultimately the system helps improve safety and we are pleased to be able to put this into practice on such a large vessel and demonstrate the benefits of the system on this scale."
With over 300 systems installed worldwide, Strainstall is an expert in the development of monitoring solutions for offshore and hazardous environments. It was selected to provide monitoring services for the Gaza FSO project due to its expertise in the field and due to the quality of service provided in supporting other major asset monitoring projects.
Another group company, James Fisher Subsea Excavation was selected for post-lay trenching and backfilling activities during the FSO renewal and installation project, demonstrating the wide range of marine services available to customers in the James Fisher group of companies.
With the installation complete, the Gaza FSO reached the Bouri field in May 2016 and made its first successful offloading of crude oil in January 2017.