- Fendercare Marine’s fenders continued success story for Forth Logistics Marine Services
- Fendercare Marine supports critical mooring operations at ABP’s Southampton terminal
- Installing BridgeStrike monitoring system for London Underground
- Flavio terminal supplied with SOLAS compliant, CWS fitted reach stackers
Shore-end installation services: Northern Lights
During July 2008 Osiris provided shore-end installation services for Global Marine Systems on the fibre optic cable installation project named ‘Northern Lights’ in the Orkney Islands, Scotland.
Osiris (now part of James Fisher Subsea) provided several dive teams and dive support vessels to conduct cable route video inspections and to sink and position the cable on the seabed. 1,400 metres of in-water cable were buried and divers installed articulated piping, and drilled and affixed subsea anchor brackets as well as producing the 'as laid position reports'. Cable burial was challenging in the varying water depth and was overcome by using several different shallow burial techniques.
Along with diving services, Osiris also provided beach personnel and an equipped, confined-space entry team to project manage, report write and to assist with the installation of the cable head into the beach manhole.
"Osiris has extensive experience in the diving industry, ranging from telecoms installation support through to wind farm projects. This knowledge, coupled with its professional, 'can-do' attitude, made us highly confident that our installation was in safe hands - something that was proved in the delivery of the works", praised Paul Deslandes, project manager for Global Marine Systems Limited.
- Cable shore-end installation
- In-water cable burial
- In-water articulated piping installation
- Confined-space beach manhole entry
- Subsea anchor bracket installation
- 'As laid' inspection and reporting