- James Fisher Prolec PCX system makes the cut for VINCI
- Strainstall Malaysia obtains major cable-stayed bridge contract in the Philippines
- Strainstall monitoring system helps restore production for major FPSO
- Strainstall partners with First Subsea on world’s largest floating offshore wind farm
James Fisher’s HydroDigger in action
Fisher Offshore’s advanced underwater excavation system demonstrates its highly flexible capabilities across a range of projects.
The HydroDigger is an advanced form of contactless subsea excavation equipment that can be deployed over a vessel's side and operated remotely and safely from the deck using its integrated launch and recovery system.
It operates by delivering a precisely controlled column of water onto the seabed, fragmenting the surface and displacing soil, sediments, rocks and other surface materials.
"It provides a complete package that’s appropriate for a wide range of functions, from excavations for new pipeline systems, for example, through to the decommissioning and burial of life-expired installations in accordance with regulatory requirements,’ says Steve Gray, project manager, at Fisher Offshore.
The work scope was to recover a 40 metre length of damaged flexible flowline which was buried under 1 metre of drill mud in the Osprey Field, North Sea. The HydroDigger was used to dredge the drill mud off the flowline to expose it for disconnection.
Integrated Subsea Services
- Subsea excavation
- Control system
- Real-time sonar monitoring
- Simple and rapid deployment
- Highly flexible capabilities across a range of projects
- On-budget and on-time