- James Fisher Prolec PCX system makes the cut for VINCI
- Strainstall Malaysia obtains major cable-stayed bridge contract in the Philippines
- Strainstall monitoring system helps restore production for major FPSO
- Strainstall partners with First Subsea on world’s largest floating offshore wind farm
Fendercare provides LNG STS services for the oil and gas industry
In early 2013, Fendercare Marine provided specialist liquefied natural gas (LNG) ship-to-ship (STS) support services in the Eastern Mediterranean. These operations were the first for two of the world's gas majors.
- STS services including full coordination, jumbo fenders, support craft, two LNG STS mooring masters and STS rigger
- Project specific fender mooring equipment with configuration in line with the ship’s mooring arrangements
- A pool of LNG STS mooring masters to assist with simulator training of the ship’s crew and tug operators
- Supply and management of dedicated tugs to assist with berthing and provide guard duties
- Secured local permissions to conduct operations 1.5 miles from shore for maximum weather operability
- Position included a zone excluding other vessels to enter during operations which was vetted and approved by clients
- Facilitated a simulator course in the UK, so that the mooring plan could accommodate the results from each berthing scenario
- Instrumental in investigating suitable project tugs during lack of port tug availability
- Negotiated special customs and clearance fees to allow the outside tugs port entry
Download the LNG STS case study.