Case studiesSales enquiry
Fendercare provides LNG STS services for the oil and gas industry
In early 2013, Fendercare Marine provided specialist liquefied natural gas (LNG) ship-to-ship (STS) support services in the Eastern Mediterranean. These operations were the first for two of the world's gas majors.
- STS services including full coordination, jumbo fenders, support craft, two LNG STS mooring masters and STS rigger
- Project specific fender mooring equipment with configuration in line with the ship’s mooring arrangements
- A pool of LNG STS mooring masters to assist with simulator training of the ship’s crew and tug operators
- Supply and management of dedicated tugs to assist with berthing and provide guard duties
- Secured local permissions to conduct operations 1.5 miles from shore for maximum weather operability
- Position included a zone excluding other vessels to enter during operations which was vetted and approved by clients
- Facilitated a simulator course in the UK, so that the mooring plan could accommodate the results from each berthing scenario
- Instrumental in investigating suitable project tugs during lack of port tug availability
- Negotiated special customs and clearance fees to allow the outside tugs port entry
Download the LNG STS case study.