JFD hosts a dive tank test and demonstration
JFD was able to host the test and demonstration at its National Hyperbaric centre, using the 900,000 litre steel dive tank, yard and office facilities.
- James Fisher Offshore (JFO) needed to be able to test and demonstrate their innovative cutting tool, Internal Cut and Lift Technology (ICLT), in a controlled and safe water environment.
The solution and outcome
- In advance of the test and demonstration, JFD technicians drained the test tank and installed underwater cameras inside enabling JFO to film their tool cutting pipe underwater.
- JFD set up the boardroom onsite, which overlooks the dive tank, for JFO and clients to use during the trial. This included a live feed of images from the underwater cameras displayed to the screen in the boardroom so they could view the demonstration in real time.
- A crane was hired to support the lifting of the tool and equipment in and out of the tank during both the dummy run and live demonstration.
- JFO used the yard beside the tank not only for their equipment, which was supporting the test, but also as a lay down area for the cut pipe to demonstrate the effectiveness of the tool to the client.
- The test and demonstration was very successful and it enabled JFO to exhibit the effectiveness of their cutting and lifting tool in one location both safely and efficiently.
- JFO’s clients were able to witness in real time how the tool worked and also see up close the end results of the cutting technology