- MOL LNG Transport (Europe) Ltd equip its LNG fleet’s marine cranes with SmartLoad® load monitoring
- Fendercare Marine’s fenders continued success story for Forth Logistics Marine Services
- Fendercare Marine supports critical mooring operations at ABP’s Southampton terminal
- Installing BridgeStrike monitoring system for London Underground
James Fisher Inspection and measurement services (JFIMS) to support 2012 London Olympics
The 2012 London Olympics were an integral part of that summer, and James Fisher Nuclear (JFN) were proud to play their part in providing support to the games.
James Fisher Inspection and Measurement Services (JFIMS), an operating division of JFN, provides inspection and measurement services for the nuclear, defence, homeland security, aerospace, offshore and other industries.
The core business of JFIMS is the measurement and application of radiation, and this expertise meant it was ideally placed to carry out this contract with the Olympic Delivery Authority.
JFIMS project manager, Dave Brown, commented, “The programme delivery schedule was challenging. It was made more difficult still by extremes of temperature and one of the wettest summers in recent years. However, despite all the difficulties, we have successfully completed all delivery and installation work on budget and in time for the games.”
JFIMS successfully delivered radiological detection monitors to the Olympic Delivery Authority.
Olympic Delivery Authority
- The JFIMS team has been extremely successful with long-term partners in the supply, installation and maintenance of a comprehensive suite of radiological detection equipment to a wide range of customers throughout the UK
- The successful delivery of this important project lent further credence to JFIMS's track record
- On-site installation team backed up by projects and logistics support
- Extensive use of JFN’s own Deeside calibration facility to test and prove all of the instrumentation prior to shipping