- Fendercare Marine’s fenders continued success story for Forth Logistics Marine Services
- Fendercare Marine supports critical mooring operations at ABP’s Southampton terminal
- Installing BridgeStrike monitoring system for London Underground
- Flavio terminal supplied with SOLAS compliant, CWS fitted reach stackers
In-shore dredging company GeoOcean uses Prolec’s machine guidance package pcX-3D for dredging work in its different locations.
MAX is a 30 tonne scissor lift excavator owned and operated by specialist in-shore dredging company GeoOcean which primarily undertakes in-shore dredging work in North Africa and Europe. The machine has a wide track base and when the cab is raised to its maximum elevation the machine can work in depths of up to 8 metres.
When deciding on which machine guidance package to use, the customer chose pcX-3D because of the ability of
Prolec’s software engineering team to customise the system to GeoOcean’s exacting requirements. This
included the actual on-screen representation of MAX.
Another major factor for choosing Prolec was its use of AS8 sensors which are manufactured in marine grade stainless steel. The AS8 is a magnetically damped encoder-based sensor which provides accuracies of 0.09º - twice the accuracy of accelerometer-based sensors used in land applications.
Specialist in-shore company GeoOcean uses Prolec’s pcX-3D systems and marine grade AS8 sensors for in-shore
dredging work in North Africa and Europe.
- Customisation of the pcX-3D system which was suited to GeoOcean’s exact requirements
- Ability to see actual on-screen representation of MAX
- Use of AS8 sensors which provide accuracies of 0.09º - twice the accuracy of accelerometer-based sensors used in land applications
- The AS8 is also fitted using hydraulic hose for cable protection to ensure that the system is able to operate reliably in the harsh marine environment
Download the Inshore dredging case study.