- Fendercare Marine’s fenders continued success story for Forth Logistics Marine Services
- Fendercare Marine supports critical mooring operations at ABP’s Southampton terminal
- Installing BridgeStrike monitoring system for London Underground
- Flavio terminal supplied with SOLAS compliant, CWS fitted reach stackers
Prolec system used for harbour decontamination
Belgian dredging contractor Dredging International (via joint venture EDI), was first supplied a pcX-3D system for a harbour decontamination project in Castletownbere, Ireland. The company has subsequently gone on to be the largest user of the highly advanced pcX-3D.
The entire €9.5 million project involved the dredging of approximately 95,000 metres³ of sediment and the blasting of 15,000 metres³ of rock. PcX-3D was deployed because the dredging works were complicated by the presence of the now banned anti-fouling agent Tributyltin (TBT).
Over 34,000 metres³ of sediment was contaminated by TBT from depths of 750mm to 2,000mm. PcX-30 was installed on a long reach CAT375 fitted with an EGO bucket and when combined with RTK GPS was capable of achieving theoretical accuracies of better than 50mm.
The pcX-3D machine guidance system uses precision sensors to monitor the position of the bucket or blade to
give precise digging control.
- Correct first time task completion, no need to rework
- Up to 90% reduction in the cost of staking out job sites
- PcX-3D's speed of response, which removes lag and phasing issues between the machinery and the screen, optimises system accuracy
- Unique graphic handling capabilities mean users can create almost any shape they can design
Download the Harbour decontamination with Prolec system case study.