- Fendercare Marine’s fenders continued success story for Forth Logistics Marine Services
- Fendercare Marine supports critical mooring operations at ABP’s Southampton terminal
- Installing BridgeStrike monitoring system for London Underground
- Flavio terminal supplied with SOLAS compliant, CWS fitted reach stackers
Prolec chosen to monitor German waterways
Prolec’s Digmaster Pro depth monitoring and guidance system was selected by the German Federal Waterways and Shipping Administration to support a significant fleet upgrade.
The German inland waterway network stretches to around 7300km and is crucial for the country’s economy. Not only is it well used by tourists and holidaymakers, but much of it is of considerable importance to international freight transport. The network is managed by the German Federal Waterways and Shipping Administration which is responsible for maintaining rivers, canals, locks and seaward approaches, as well as managing shipping traffic.
In August 2012, as part of a workboat fleet upgrade, the federal waterways office brought into service the clamshell dredger Elsflether Sand, to be used in the management of the River Weser in the Bremen district. This craft replaced older, decommissioned vessels, and was intended to increase the efficiency of the waterways’ working cycles.
Prolec sales manager for Scandinavia, Central and Eastern Europe, Jurgen Reineke, said, “We are pleased to be helping the German Federal Waterways and Shipping Administration find ways to work more efficiently and accurately in their dredging and marine construction work.”
The dredger Elsflether Sand was fitted with a Prolec Digmaster Pro depth monitoring and guidance system.
German Federal Waterways and Shipping Administration
- Installation of Prolec’s innovative Digmaster Pro system
- Improved monitoring and guidance to the German clamshell dredger as a result
- Fully submersible angle sensor technology allows the operator to dig out only the necessary material to bring the waterway back to the required depth for all tidal situations
- System configured to enable the construction of works such as breakwaters or laying sealing material in shipping channels within pre-set parameters
Download the German waterways case study.