- James Fisher Prolec PCX system makes the cut for VINCI
- Strainstall Malaysia obtains major cable-stayed bridge contract in the Philippines
- Strainstall monitoring system helps restore production for major FPSO
- Strainstall partners with First Subsea on world’s largest floating offshore wind farm
James Fisher provides support services for Dolwin 1 Alpha offshore wind farm
Dolwin 1 Alpha required the de-burial and recovery of export cables with the use of a mass flow excavator (MFE) in the summer of 2013.
Osiris Marine Services (now part of James Fisher Subsea) worked within close proximity of the cable vessel to support operations. Showcasing Osiris’s ability to work on large projects within the renewables industry, this venture strengthened its knowledge of cable handling and de-burial operations.
Utilising a DP2 vessel, the team successfully carried out cable excavation using Reef Subsea’s T4000 tool, as well as an R2 Sonic 2024 echosounder multibeam and processors.
- Mass flow excavation
- Multibeam survey
- Cable tone generation
- Cable installation support
Download the Dolwin 1 Alpha offshore wind farm case study.