- James Fisher Prolec PCX system makes the cut for VINCI
- Strainstall Malaysia obtains major cable-stayed bridge contract in the Philippines
- Strainstall monitoring system helps restore production for major FPSO
- Strainstall partners with First Subsea on world’s largest floating offshore wind farm
Diving support services at Scroby Sands
During early 2008 Osiris were contacted by Oceanteam Power and Umbilical (OPU) to provide diving support services on their offshore wind farm cable projects.
The first of these was the export cable replacement project undertaken at Scroby Sands offshore wind farm. The project called for the highest specification in diving equipment and experienced personnel. Throughout the operation the divers worked around the clock to achieve the recovery, replacement and reburial of one of the three export cables.
The project was undertaken during the summer of 2008 with divers working in variable conditions, deburial of the cable was the first task, followed by careful recovery of the now redundant cable. Once the new cable was laid OPU’s vertical injector was utilised in order to bury the majority of the cable with divers burying the last of the cable up to the I-tube and successfully completing the tie-in and shore-ends works.
- Export cable deburial, replacement and reburial
- Shore-end installation
- I-tube bolt torque operations
- Articulated piping installation
Download the Diving support services at Scroby Sands case study.