Fendercare provided diving and ROV services to Walney II wind farm
In the summer 2011, Fendercare Marine provided diving and remotely operated vehicle (ROV) services to the Walney II wind farm off Barrow-in-Furness.
Services included installation of messenger lines to 51 turbines and completion of cable installations, recording cable lay operations from the DPII vessel and activating the Tekmar cable seal systems.
Walney I and II both comprise 51 wind turbines with a total capacity of 367.2MW. The development includes foundations, turbines, export and array cables, offshore substations and onshore connection to grid.
Visser and Smit Marine Contracting (VSMC)
- Diving services
- Provision of DPII vessel (Nordica)
- ROV systems Seaeye Tiger and Surveyor Plus
- Mobilisation of Ampelmann personnel transfer system
- Turbine intervention team and offshore personnel
- Integrated solution
- Rapid response and mobilisation
- Fast delivery - completed within 85 days
Download the Walney II wind farm, diving and ROV case study.