- James Fisher Prolec PCX system makes the cut for VINCI
- Strainstall Malaysia obtains major cable-stayed bridge contract in the Philippines
- Strainstall monitoring system helps restore production for major FPSO
- Strainstall partners with First Subsea on world’s largest floating offshore wind farm
French Navy to receive elastomer mooring buoys
Fendercare designs and supplies elastomer mooring buoys for the French Navy
In November 2009, Fendercare Marine designed and supplied the Marine Nationale (French Navy) with elastomer mooring buoys to replace their existing stock.
The French Navy had a fleet of extremely fatigued steel mooring buoys, some beyond repair and the rest requiring
significant and expensive maintenance.
- 10pcs 12T padeye foam elastomer mooring buoys, cylindrical in shape
- Manufactured from a core of closed cell polythene foam (density 35kg/cu.m.), encapsulated with an orange polythene elastomer, 15mm thick.
- Supplied complete with non-slip deck on top surface and handrails for safer access
- Design and supply of self-fendering, low maintenance mooring
- Buoys made of modern elastomeric materials
Download the Mooring buoys for French Navy case study.