James Fisher Plc is seeking a Trainee Accountant to support the Finance team, based in Barrow. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to start a career within accountancy.
To assist in the Finance department with all financial reporting requirements.
- Posting Purchase invoices and payments
- Raising Sales Invoices and receipts
- Posting journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations (e.g. bank, payroll, VAT, Accruals, Prepayments, Sales ledger control, Purchase ledger control)
- Daily banking and posting of cash receipts
- Daily bank reconciliations and resolution of reconciling items
- Resolution of supplier queries.
- Employee expenses.
- Resolution of customer queries
- Assisting in the development of management accounting and costing information available to the department
- Ad hoc duties as they arise (National statistics returns, preparation of monthly reports)
5 GCSE’s including English and Maths