Technical Sales Support
Business development and sales
December 8, 2016
- Provide the external and internal sales teams with technical support, liaise with engineering, production, procurement etc. to be able to establish a solution with costing and lead times.
- Produce a quotation or commercial and technical proposal for forwarding to the customer.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Ensure that the external and internal sales teams are supported with information and where appropriate coordinate getting quotations put together in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the customer to understand their requirements where necessary.
- Work with the production / engineering and procurement departments to establish a solution that is fully costed with a lead time.
- Generate a quotation or commercial and technical proposals and tenders
- Forward the quotation to the appropriate sales team or customer directly as applicable
- Work with the Sales team, agent and client to close the order
- Support Customer Services function as appropriate with regards to resolving any commercial or technical issues
- Ensure sales database is updated as appropriate
- Undertake any reasonable duties specified by the Management Team when required.
- Technical/ engineering understanding
- IT Literate – Word, Excel, Sage, CRM
Behaviours and values:
- Highly organised
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willing to learn and develop knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of load monitoring equipment or a background in an engineering / technical company would be a distinct advantage.