Software application tester
Return To Scene Limited develops innovative software, and provides bespoke services and communication solutions that greatly enhance the management and understanding of assets and operations. Return To Scene (R2S) helps individuals and organisations work smarter, delivering substantial cost savings, sustained performance improvements and tangible results across entire project lifespans. It is now seeking a Software Application Tester to join its established team based in Aberdeen.
To support the development, maintenance and testing of Return To Scene’s software products.
Supporting development, maintenance and testing of software products
• Support Head of Product Development & Support in the development of new software
• Support testing and maintenance of existing software.
• Create, under guidance from Head of Product Development & Support, the testing regime for new software.
• Conduct thorough and methodical testing to prescribed standards.
Ad hoc assistance with/to:
• Processing and compiling survey data
• Support the project/team lead on allocated project or other tasks.
• Maintain data management structures and procedures.
• Process and correct captured survey data such as spherical images and point clouds.
• Compile the survey and other data into the R2S application or other client delivery app.
• Follow and help develop working processes.
• Quality assure your own and colleagues work.
• Practice and develop relevant application skills.
• Provide basic user email, telephone and video linked support for the R2S application.
• Visit client offices to give user training with support services.
• Help develop user training and support documentation and media.
- Ensure the safety of yourself, your team and all other site workers by following safe work practices at all times
- Support the team/project lead on designated capture projects to complete the project brief
- Take responsibility for designated areas of the teams overall task/project or specific tasks/projects
- Share in the responsibility for the overall team task/project and be responsible for carrying out designated work to the expected quality and time line
- Quality assess your own and other team members work as designated
- Liaise with internal and external contacts in a professional and timely manner
- Responsible for reviewing own personal development
- HNC in applicable discipline
- Experience in software development/testing
- Desirable- Degree level in applicable discipline