Senior Electronics and Electrical Engineer
Assist the engineering department with electrical/electronic tasks and provide support to other departments and clients where necessary.
Provide technical input into the bid process, perform design reviews and produce a high standard of design drawings for Projects.
Technical Role & Responsibilities:
To deliver high quality design solutions including electronics and electrical systems from conceptual design through to detailed design, ensuring design functionality, achieving technical integrity, ensuring full compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements and advancing the technology within the team and business.
- Ability to lead and drive robust technical solutions to complex electronics and electrical issues (e.g. EMC/EMI)
- Deliver electronics and electrical engineering system design solutions (from initial concept stage including schematics through to full system design solutions with robust design, calculation packs and full engineering delivery for manufacture.
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering Design Reviews
- Undertaking a lead role in the Engineering Design Review and Control process.
- Identify and develop suitable supporting technologies for use / implementation in delivering electronics and electrical design solutions
- Liaising with all other engineering disciplines to ensure overall design functionality and compliance is achieved
- Liaise with draughting team and production teams to give electronics and electrical engineering guidance at all stages of the product lifecycle
- Sourcing of materials, components and services as directed in-line with engineering projects
- Assist in the assembly and testing of prototype equipment prior to releasing for final engineering work.
- Strong communication
- Clear Management and Leadership skills
- Natural problem-solver and reasoned thinker
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability of issues and make decisions
- Ability to engage and motivate others
- Strong team-player
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Responsible for updating, maintaining and controlling electronics and electrical engineering technical documentation.
- Extensive Electronics and Electrical design experience.
- Analogue and digital design (signal conditioning, filter design and digital interfaces)
- Saturation Diving System design (Life support, Power, Communication, decompression chambers, Panel designs)
- Design and commissioning of HV and LV electrical systems
- Design of Power Distribution Systems
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures (Lloyds, DNV, British & Australian wiring standards)
- Selection of cables, connectors and penetrators
- AutoCAD Electrical to produce GA, interconnection drawings and BOMs
- Focused on delivering to tight deadlines and changing requirements.
- Capable of reacting to changes and willing to go the extra mile to deliver
- Significant electronics and electrical engineering design and systems experience
- Minimum 5 yrs experience in an appropriate engineering field
- MEng, BEng (Hons) or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team structure, accept and understand management instruction manage own timescales and specified timescales effectively. Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and personnel issues.
- Flexible for travel to local or overseas sites if required.
- PLC design and Integration
Critical Success Measures:
- Delivery of electrical and electronic work scopes within budgeted time and to required standards