Sales Support Assistant
Admin/Office support Business development and sales
December 8, 2016
- Assist the external and internal sales teams in generating quotations and proposals.
- Liaise with engineering, production, procurement etc to be able to establish a solution with costing and lead times.
- Assist in the day-to-day sales administration, database entry, receiving and processing of sales enquiries and purchase orders.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the external and internal sales teams are supported with information and where appropriate coordinate getting quotations put together in a timely manner.
- Enter new enquiries and raise quotation numbers on the sales database for the internal and external sales teams.
- Enter purchase orders, raise job numbers and create contract reviews for the sales team.
- Maintain the sales database ensuring it is updated as appropriate.
- Liaise with the customer to understand their requirements where necessary.
- Support Customer Services function as appropriate with regards to resolving any commercial or technical issues.
- Support the external and internal sales teams with information and where appropriate assist in getting quotations put together in a timely manner.
- Assist the sales support team by liaising with production / engineering and procurement departments to establish a solution that is fully costed with a lead time.
- Generate quotations and assist in the preparation of commercial and technical proposals and tenders.
- Forward the quotation to the appropriate sales team or customer directly as applicable.
- Work with the sales team, agent and client to close the order.
- Support the Customer Services function as appropriate.
- Undertake any reasonable duties specified by the Management Team when required.
- Technical/ engineering understanding
Behaviors and Values:
- Highly organized
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Willing to learn and develop knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of load monitoring equipment or a background in an engineering / technical company would be a distinct advantage.