Business development and sales Executive
December 29, 2016
- The Sales Executive is responsible for implementing the strategy with businesses operating in the relevant industry area. The strategy will focus on generating revenue based on the products and services offered by JFTS and where appropriate the wider James Fisher Group.
- The Sales Executive should work with the Product Managers and Sales Manager to develop relationships with customers and potential customers. He/she will need to comprehensively understand the customer’s and industry needs.
- The Sales Executive should combine the needs of the customer and the current JFTS product offering to influence specifications, generate enquiries and convert enquiries into quality orders.
- Developing long term relationships with new and existing clients through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Negotiating contract and commercial terms that meet both the client and company’s needs.
- Timely liaison with Product Managers to understand the technical offering.
- Timely liaise with the account Sales Managers and Account Executives to ensure coordination across the whole business.
- Compilation and submission of timely, accurate quotations and tenders.
- Working on after sales support and using the Product Managers to provide technical support as required.
- Understanding the cost and sales analysis and acting on the analysis.
- Supporting marketing activities including advertising exhibitions and attendance on technical committees.
- Ensuring the CRM system is kept up to date.
- Assist operational units to deliver timely and accurate reports.
- Provide timely input to assist the GM to prepare an annual business plan. Monitor progress against these plans to ensuring that objectives are met as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide advice and guidance to the business units to keep them aware of developments within the industry and to ensure that the appropriate products and services are developed to meet the operating units mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the Company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services
- Support research and development programmes with the R&D departments or appropriate external body.
- Assist the GM to maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the Company in the wider community.
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Demonstrated success of implementing appropriate sales management strategies.
- Relevant industry experience.
- A very good practical understanding of commercial and contract matters.
- A wide knowledge of the industry.
- An understanding of project management including financial elements.
- Political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements.
- A high level of commercial awareness.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.