Job title: Quality manager
With 30 years’ experience supplying machine productivity and safety systems for construction equipment Prolec products have defined the industry for compliant, smart solutions.
The Quality Manager, advises, provides support and ensures statutory and procedural compliance for all Quality aspects of the company. The role reports to the Managing Director of Prolec Ltd who has ultimate responsibility for all Quality issues.
- Responsible for ensuring smooth and efficient running of all company Quality Management Systems with due consideration to the constraints within a commercial entity.
- Responsible for the Maintenance of all records, KPI’s and statistics for all Quality activity.
- Proactively react to a range of circumstance that may require swift and timely action at any level in the business to protect the interest of the business with due considerations to the commercial implications any resulting actions may have.
- Close liaison with all divisional heads and operations managers across the company.
- Approve and plan company Quality audit schedules in accordance and in line with the requirements of all approvals and accreditations held, including all supplier and accreditation audits.
- Ensuring reporting of and effective closure of all non–conformances and incidents is carried out at all levels in the company in a timely manner with due regards to operational activity and cost.
- Manage all company Quality administration.
- Provide the various Management Team’s with monthly Quality performance reports and maintain all Rolling action items list’s (RAIL).
- Report and advise on relevant statutory and industry changes.
- Provide practical and hands on advice and support to all stakeholders
- Ownership of all Quality related records in accordance with written procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring suitable and sufficient minutes of all annual Management Reviews and Monthly management meetings are maintained.
- Ensure all standards held by the company are relevant and up to date to protect the commercial integrity of the company.
- Provide guidance and or training on Quality related matters to Company personnel as required. Organise/Advise on relevant training for all levels of the business to ensure staff are suitably experienced and qualified for their roles with due regard to Quality.
- Liaise with Staff, Customers, Suppliers, Assessment Bodies and other external companies with regard to Quality issues.
- Such other duties commensurate with the purpose of the post as may be determined from time to time by the Managing Director.
Minimum experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Quality Manager, auditor trained.
Main attributes and requirements:
- Good people skills and ability to deal with all level of personnel within the business from MD to shop floor.
- A good team player that can work alone or as part of a group.
- Self starter who can work under constant pressure to deliver and do what it takes in a timely manner with due consideration to other members of the management team.
- Good business and commercial acumen and the ability to quickly assimilate and understand situations to advise the rest of the management team in the most appropriate cost effective, simple manner whilst ensuring suitable and sufficient Quality systems performance is maintained.
- Flexible working attitude with a proactive approach that may require travel at short notice as required across the UK.
- Interaction with all relevant Industry bodies and customer base at all levels as required.
- Active participation in all relevant industry bodies as required.
- Any prior experience with Atlassian software including JIRA and Confluence is desirable
Should you have the relevant qualifications and experience for this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to – Region2recruitment@james-fisher.co.uk