JFD is a leading global subsea engineering company, including specialist submarine rescue and hyperbaric facilities and capabilities as well as being the recognised industry leader in diving and subsea equipment. They are now looking to recruit a Quality engineer to support its growing business based in Inchinnan.
Provide Quality Engineering support direct to business execution units.
- Develop and oversee Project Quality Plans/ ITPs
- Develop specific HSEQ procedures
- Manage project specific ISO 9001 certifications where required
- Monitor subcontractor quality and safety plans
- Regularly visit project subcontractors and monitor performance, witness tests etc
- Collect and evaluate HSEQ performance metrics on process
- Work with HSEQ department to identify and manage HSEQ departmental resource requests to project, such as Inspection, Certification, Deployments etc
- Develop HSEQ work packages
- Create corrective action plans to address project HSEQ deficiencies
- Lead root cause analysis on purchased part or product quality issues and work issue through corrective action process.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Regularly communicate with Project, HSEQ, Procurement, Engineering, Products and Production to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues.
- Participate in planning meetings
- Carry out inspections, and test witness.
- Facilitate LR Class survey inspections
- Work with ISA (Independent Safety Advisor) and wider HSEQ department to develop safety case as part of JFD’s duty of care on projects
- Work with Engineering for HSEQ contribution to ILS aspects of project
- Ensure project HSE Legislative requirements are met
- Investigate quality issues and ensure corrective action follow up.
- Planning & Work Scheduling
- Leadership and Personnel Management
- Task completion
- Time management
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Relevant higher qualification in one of key disciplines in role.
- 5 years minimum HSEQ Engineering
- Technical experience in marine engineering / diving.
- Experience with Defence/ Military contracts.
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of HSEQ standards and practices.
- Understanding of MRP Systems
- Expert in ISO 9001
- Lead auditor qualification and experience.
- Excellent analytical skills including knowledge of MS Office programmes (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Personal communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to work on your own and to specified timescales and project plans.
- Time management and ability to deliver to prioritized deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of conducting internal and external audits.
- Ability to interpret mechanical and /or electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of pressure systems/ testing/ welding / mechanical engineering and metallurgy desired
- Ability to conduct Quality investigations
- Proactive approach to role.