A Project Planner provides support to the Project function in all aspects of the project relating to scheduling.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with bid teams to detail the project schedule.
- Inputting cost and delivery estimates and quotations into the overall project schedule (for fully resourced schedules).
- Preparation of project schedules, including critical path analysis.
- Working with the project teams to plan resource requirements, project milestones and deliverables.
- Generating resourced and costed schedules of work (Microsoft Project or Primavera P6), including critical path analysis.
- Integration of schedules from sub-contractors to generate overall project schedules.
- Input to key planning documents such as Project Execution Plans, Risk Register (schedule impacts), Delivery Schedule etc.
- Supporting the management, tracking and controlling of the project.
- Reviewing, updating and maintenance of project schedules, including costs and resources.
- Monitoring performance against schedule and gaining regular updates on project task completion from the project team, internally and for sub-contractors.
- Ensuring any changes that affect schedule and costs are captured on the project schedules.
- Reporting internally on project performance in relation to scheduling.
- Generating and reporting regular project data such as spend profiles, budgeted and earned values, forecasts, etc.
- Assistance in planning/reporting for contract close-out review meetings.
- Document and version control for project schedules.
Key Skills and Competences:
- Experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment, preferably project-based environments.
- Numerate and competent with financial concepts, cost tracking and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6.
- Highly orderly, methodical and process driven.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good general office computer skills.
- Minimum of five GCSEs.
- UK driving licence.