Product Support Technician
November 14, 2016
- Customer and distributor support for the entire Prolec product range.
- Report and take ownership of customer issues and see them through to resolution.
- Use standard procedures for proper escalation of issues.
- Ensure proper documentation and closure of any issue owned.
- Production of documentation including product manuals.
- Update the knowledge database where appropriate
- Customer training.
- Distributor User, installation and calibration training.
- Developing and maintaining training programs.
- Internal support and assistance.
- Production of prototype equipment and any specialist equipment where necessary to assist in the support and development roles.
- Work unsupervised.
- Working offsite which will require extensive travel in the UK and abroad.
- Co-operating with other members of staff, where appropriate, to ensure a smooth workflow and fostering a co-operative attitude in others.
- Adhere to the companies health and safety policy
- Assisting in ensuring that all equipment and tools are properly used.
- Responsible for demonstrating a cost conscious attitude towards the use of Company property, including tools, consumables and capital items, and fostering this attitude in other staff.
- Assisting in ensuring a clean and tidy workplace at all times.
- Acting at all times in the best interest of the Company. In particular, by not divulging information concerning the activities, products, designs or processes of the Company or its Customers to any third party, or giving assistance in any way to its competitors
Experience and Qualifications:
- BTEC ONC Electronics / Engineering
- Preferably with a minimum of 2 years as Test Technician within an electronic test environment
Skills and Abilities:
- PC / Windows literate
- Strong fault finding skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Full UK driving license
- Up to date passport