Testconsult is a leading provider of specialist testing services to the UK construction and maintenance sectors, as well as a designer and manufacturer of testing and monitoring equipment.
The Operations Director is responsible for all of the operational resources across the JFTS business, taking a strategic approach to developing market leading services. This includes developing business plans with the Managing Director to ensure the business remains competitive in the market. They will build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholder to create a collaborative working environment.
- Responsible for leading and managing the operational department; setting and managing budgets, minimising risk, maximising opportunities and seeking to positively influence the progression and growth of the Company.
- Assist the Managing Director to prepare the annual business plan. Monitor and present progress against these plans to ensure that the operational units attain their objectives as cost effectively and efficiently as possible. Make recommendations for improvements and implement where appropriate.
- Develop a people strategy to ensure the departments have the right people in the right place at right time and have the skills and knowledge to achieve the overall business objectives.
- Develop and lead the operations Managers by ensuring a pipeline of talent is identified and the departments are engaged and aligned to business objectives.
- Oversee the strategic planning of the entire product lifecycle ensuring that your teams have the appropriate knowledge and skills to deliver technical activities for the monitoring and testing of products and services.
- Have a commercial awareness to provide strategic advice and guidance to managers and the members of the Board to ensure that the appropriate services are developed to meet the business objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory regulations.
- Work collaboratively with Manager to develop, implement and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy in order to grow the image and competiveness of the Company.
- Proactively work with internal and external stakeholders in an operational capacity to both promote and win contracts for the Company.
- Implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the Company complies with health and safety and statutory regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated success of creating and implementing an operational strategy for monitoring and testing products
- Experience within the relevant market with an understanding of competition within the industry
- An understanding of financial management
- Graduate Calibre
- Knowledge of lean principles
- Excellent stakeholder Manageme
- A very high level of commercial awarenes
- Excellent communication Skills
- Excellent organisation Skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to develop and sustain market leading products in a tough market