James Fisher and Sons plc is seeking a versatile and confident marketing professional to support the development of its B2B marketing communications and activities.
This role requires a proactive individual to provide support for group company communications and marketing initiatives, by creating relevant and engaging content in a style and tone that conveys the corporate brand while being customer focused and engaging.
The successful individual will be responsible for content creation, marketing communications, the development of marketing campaigns, both on and off line, including lead generation as well as general marketing support.
The role will include creation of content written in marketing terms for literature and other platforms, and support of all other marketing communications including PR.
The business is looking for a dedicated individual with confidence, great communication and project management skills, who can demonstrate a proven track record of success, ability to work to tight deadlines, and a well organised and effective communicator who collaborates well with colleagues and a wide range of stakeholders, in person as well as by phone and email.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding marketing graduate to develop their marketing expertise and support the group marketing team in developing brand awareness in its target markets as part of a dynamic and innovative organisation.
The individual will be expected to fully integrate into the sales and business development teams for the group company the role supports. Based in the North West, the role will require the successful individual to travel nationally.
Assisting company directors and the group marketing team in all marketing activities;
- Provide full marketing support to James Fisher group companies
- Provide full customer communication and lead generation, liaising with company sales teams to support business growth
- Manage the production of marketing materials and content creation for multiple corporate platforms
- Creating, editing and proof-reading copy for websites, PR and product literature and engaging email campaign copy
- Full management of company website
- Support development of integrated product/service campaigns utilising CRM system
- Liaison with group companies, clients, subcontractors and all stakeholders
- Further ad hoc support to the group marketing team as required
Likely attributes to character
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and good writing style
- Good analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong team player
- Energy and commitment to develop and deliver the quarterly newsletter
Future possible progression
The Marketing Executive role offers the right candidate a career route to departmental and senior management within James Fisher, but of course progression is always based upon achievement, suitable experience, qualifications and business need.
Continued professional development/training
CPD is encouraged by the company. Professional training courses are regularly attended to keep up to date with market legislation. Accreditation to professional bodies is supported and encouraged. The principle adopted is that professional development is intended to improve the effectiveness of the individual’s ability to do their job.
- Educated to degree level in marketing or equivalent Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) qualification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative, organisational and numerical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Hands on approach and self-motivated
- An interest in developing marketing skills
- PC literate in Microsoft Office suite
- Flexibility to travel to other national offices and sites on occasion is necessary
- B2B Marketing and/or business experience
- Proven track record of success
- Excellent coordination skills required to meet strict deadlines
- Strong copywriting skills with flair and creativity
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- A good understanding of layout and typesetting.
- SEO, CMS editing, web content generation experience