Post title: Instrumentation engineer
Testconsult, a James Fisher company is a market leading company providing structural materials testing, structural investigation, foundation testing and instrumentation and monitoring services. Operating in the United Kingdom and Ireland, we provide a comprehensive service to the construction and maintenance sectors. Testconsult is also a market leading designer and manufacturer of specialist testing equipment, now operating in over 70 countries worldwide.
Education / professional attainments required:
Ideally, a Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation, Process Control or similar subject.
Experience and skills:
- Ideally, experience as an Instrumentation Engineer working on site based project installing, commissioning and maintaining Civil Engineering or industrial monitoring systems.
- Up to date knowledge of data acquisition hardware, sensor types and Labview software, particularly Campbell Scientific Logger net
- Competencies - to be assessed on application form and at interview
- Good Oral and Written skills.
- The ability to speak clearly both face to face and on the telephone.
- Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and targets.
- Ability to analyses problems and action solutions.
- Responds positively to the challenge of developing new systems of work
- Organises work of self and others
- Sets own standards, checks own work, and demonstrates a positive approach
- Ability to provide solutions whilst under pressure
- Actively contributes to achieve organisational objectives
- Responds positively to change
- Natural ability to use hands / hand tools
Continuous professional development:
- Have actively pursued CPD to maintain knowledge and skills.