James Fisher and Sons plc
March 29, 2017
James Fisher and Sons plc is seeking an experienced, creative and versatile graphic designer to join its marketing team to develop and manage the visual presence of the company.
- The graphic design role will support company communications and marketing initiatives by creating relevant and engaging materials in a style and tone that conveys the James Fisher corporate brand.
- The successful individual will be responsible for the visualisation of corporate and technical communications into sophisticated designs for both print and digital mediums to support the group marketing team in developing the James Fisher brand, increasing brand awareness and delivering consistency across all platforms to a high standard.
- The role requires an understanding of data-visualisation, info-graphics and digital design, underpinned by a strong knowledge of graphic design, typography, and layout capabilities. The role includes managing the corporate design strategy, planning and developing creative design projects and ensuring brand and design consistency throughout all materials.
- This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding graphic design individual to support the team in creating smart, strategic and well-designed solutions.
- The individual will be based in the North West and be able to travel nationally when required. The business is looking for a dedicated person with confidence and excellent communication skills, who’s looking to advance their abilities in a B2B environment.
- Interpreting corporate/technical communication objectives into high quality graphic design
- Taking ownership of projects, from start to finish, with attention to detail.
- Designing marketing collateral including on and offline channels, including literature, info-graphics, advertising, email templates, website design themes, exhibition artwork etc.
- Acting as brand champion – promoting and ensuring brand consistency, helping to raise awareness and deliver high design standards.
- Applying style guides consistently and creatively, taking inspiration from new creative/design trends, while maintaining brand standards.
- Managing the digital asset management system.
- Liaison with group companies, clients, subcontractors and all stakeholders as well as external design agencies.
- Further support to the Marketing team as required.
- Demonstrable experience in the visualisation of technical/complex communications
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.).
- An understanding of core design principles as well as modern trends.
- A solid understanding of the printing process, colour, and typefaces.
- Good digital communication skills (online advertising, email campaigns).
- Experience in animation, 3D, video, or web would be advantageous but is not a prerequisite.
- Ability to show creative flair, come up with ideas and take pride in creating excellent work.
- Excellent eye for details, consistency and accuracy and good analytical skills.
- Able to take the initiative but also be a team player and follow instruction.
- Good PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to project manage, from artwork through to completion.
- Ability to cope under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Educated to degree level in or graphic/creative design studies or three year experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong creative, organisational and numerical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Hands on approach and self-motivated.
- An interest in developing design and marketing skills.
- PC literate in Microsoft Office suite.
- Flexibility to travel to other national offices and sites on occasion is necessary.
- Graphic design, B2B marketing and/or business experience.
- Portfolio to demonstrate a mix of high quality digital and print examples
- Adobe Creative Suite experience; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- A good understanding of layout and typesetting.
- Good coordination/organisation skills are required to meet strict deadlines.
- SEO, CMS editing, web content experience.