Experienced port operator / Heavy plant operator
Post title: Experienced port operator / Heavy plant operator
Responsible to: Wharf manager – Wharf supervisor
To engage in the safe movement of cargo to and from vessels / stores and road freight and general warehouse duties.
Role and responsibilities:
- Driving heavy plant (Volvo front loader / A25 Dumper) in and operational environment.
- To assist with a busy Port operation in Plymouth including the loading and unloading of cargoes, to and from ship’s or from road transport, warehouses containers.
- Previous port experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to follow safe systems of work and risk assessments
- Must be willing to undergo training to operate new machinery.
- Must have a positive, self-motivated attitude and be a team player.
- Work flexible hours in line with vessel arrival / sailing schedules including weekends and occasional unsociable hours.
- Full driving licence
- Previous experience in a cargo handling Port
- Previous experience using a large material handler (Fuchs / Liebherr)
- First aid
- RA & safe systems of work
- Skid steer
- Working safely (IOSH)
- Basic fire fighting
- Slinger signaler