Fendercare Marine is part of the James Fisher & Sons Group, the world’s leading provider of marine services. Fendercare is a provider of high quality products, services and packaged solutions to the commercial marine, naval, offshore oil and gas and renewable energy industries.
Established in 1988, Fendercare is now the world’s largest STS (Ship To Ship) provider and operates from a network of over 40 bases around the world, including the UK, Middle East, Singapore, India, Nigeria, Angola and Brazil.
The role is dynamic and varied with the principal purpose of providing efficient, effective and professional support to the Leadership Team at Fendercare, so that the team operates smoothly and time management is optimised. This will involve a broad range of tasks to facilitate the day-to-day running of the business, the longer term strategic planning activities as well as the communication program to the Fendercare Group both in the UK and overseas. There is also a need to coordinate with other businesses within the James Fisher Group to support the collaboration effort.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing administrative support to the Leadership Team as reasonably required
- Coordinating calendars and cooperation across the Leadership Team and with the wider Fendercare community
- Support the smooth preparation, completion and follow-up of any meetings, in particular management meetings and off-site strategic meetings
- Support any visits to Fendercare and maintain a consistently professional and welcoming presence to any external visitors
- Coordinate the travel itineraries of the Leadership Team as required
- Manage both incoming and outgoing correspondence (both written and verbal) as necessary
- Maintain a professional and organised office environment, supported by the Facilities Team
- Internal Communications – there is a need to drive a high level of communications around Fendercare to drive greater understanding of the objectives and priorities in the business, to promote improved cooperation and to ultimately deliver increased value to our customers and improved results for Fendercare. Responsibilities include organising monthly team meetings & briefings, managing internal newsletters, supporting any formal communications to all locations within Fendercare.
Skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Extensive experience in administrative support
- Experience of dealing with high level executives
- Experience in travel logistics (including an appreciation of international travel)
- Proficient in Word and Powerpoint, competent in Excel
- Able to work in a high paced work environment with diverse personalities
- A self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Confident, positive, unflappable and outgoing
- Able to work across different cultures and enjoys the international business environment
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management
- A first class communicator
- Always willing to get the job done
- Demonstrates complete integrity and confidentiality at all times
- Self-confident with a desire for self-improvement
- No formal qualifications required
- A foreign language is not required, but would be beneficial